- Brad Keselowski rallied from a disappointing qualifying effort to score an eighth-place finish in the Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Raceway on Saturday night. Keselowski claimed his fifth top-10 finish in nine races this season.
- Keselowski is fifth in the MENCS driver standings, 94 points behind the leader.
- The driver of the Alliance Truck Parts Ford Fusion started 28th in Stage 1 but did not stay there for long. Keselowski steadily worked his way through the field and by the end of the segment on lap 100 had climbed up to 12th-place. He pitted during the stage break on lap 105 for four tires and adjustments to improve his car’s loose in, tight in the middle of the corners handling condition.
- Keselowski continued to steadily climb up the leaderboard in Stage 2. He climbed into the top-10 by lap 167 and had worked his way up to eighth position when the segment concluded on lap 200.
- In Stage 3, Keselowski ran solidly inside the top-10 and climbed inside the top-five as the race entered its final quarter. But as the laps ticked away, Keselowski’s car was more and more loose. He was running fifth at the time of the fifth caution on lap 391 and pitted one lap later for tires and adjustments. He restarted sixth on lap 394 but chaotic, three-wide racing shuffled him back to eighth position. A caution for debris on lap 397 pushed the race into an overtime finish and Keselowski held his own through another chaotic restart, holding firm to eighth-place in the two-lap dash to the finish.
“We ran about fifth all night in our Alliance Truck Parts Ford and that’s about where we finished. After last week at Bristol it was nice to finish a race.”