- Brad Keselowski scored a 10th-place finish Monday afternoon at Martinsville Speedway, his 11th top-10 finish at the Virginia half-mile.
- Keselowski is fifth in the MENCS Driver Standings, 31 points behind the leader.
- The driver of the Reese/Draw-Tite Ford started fourth and finished second in the first stage. He made a scheduled four-tire stop during the stage break on lap 136 with crew chief Paul Wolfe calling for adjustments to improve the car’s forward drive.
- Keselowski restarted third when the race went green on lap 142 and finished fourth in Stage 2. During the caution immediately following the stage, Keselowski made contact with Erik Jones, punching a small hole in the nose of the No. 2 Ford Fusion. He pitted on lap 265 for four tires and adjustments and restarted fourth when the final stage began on lap 271.
- Unfortunately the car’s handling just wasn’t the same as it was earlier in the race. Keselowski slipped back through the top-10 in the running order as he struggled to get the front end of the car to turn in the corners. He was sixth with 42 laps to go but faded to 10th-place down the stretch.
“I tore up the car a little bit on the nose and bent up the splitter and the car wasn’t quite the same after that. I just made a mistake there.”